Saturday, May 31, 2008

It will be funny in a few months, but for now........grrr

This is what we woke up to on Friday morning:







So annoying. We didn't even have cool tires or rims on the truck - just stock. It was parked (I should say it IS parked, since it's not going anywhere) right in front of our house. To further annoy us, the insurance adjuster can't come out to look at it until Monday, so we have to look like the trashy people in the neighborhood who leave cars in the yard on cinder blocks. Then, once the adjuster comes to look at it, we have to pay a $500 deductible before the insurance will pay to replace anything. Then, since we can't have it towed anywhere, we have to go someplace, buy the rims and tires, have the tires put on the rims, bring them back to our house, put them on ourselves, and THEN go to a place to get them balaned and adjusted. Why do stupid people steal stuff? GRRRRR.....

4 comments:

Bug said...

Ok, I know it isn't funny for you NOW, but for those of us it didn't happen to, that is hilarious. I can't believe it though and am so sorry. Gotta hate those unexpected expenses! Bad people, bad!

Fern said...

I don't know about you, but I feel like this sorta thing only happens to young couples just starting out. Heck, we recently had our cars vandalized in some manner or the other 4 times in under 6 months. Why doesn't this thing ever happen to people in their 50's? Not that I'd wish it on any one. Sorry about your truck. That really stinks.

Trent & Emily Davies said...

Okay that is seriously aggravating and would totally annoy me too...but I have to admit...I busted up laughing when I saw your post!!

kendal said...

What the hell?! (if any situation is worth a good hell its this one)
That sucks so bad! I get back in a week and we're going to party.