Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Rude Homeless Man


Today I encountered a rude homeless man. I exited the freeway and saw a man with a sign beggaging for help. His sign said "I'm needy. Any help appreciated." I felt bad for him - it was REALLY hot. I didn't really want to give him money, but I did have an unopened bottle of water. I know that water isn't that exciting, but it is something. I unrolled my window as he walked by and said, "Would you like a bottle of water?" he put his hand on his hip and sassily said "Is is cold????" I mean, would cold water be better than warm? Yes. But at least I tried. I mean, I was the only person who unrolled their window - give me a break. He decided to take the water and then say "Thanks a lot?" Oh well. I tried to be nice.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

What is it with all the sassy homeless people. Have I ever told you about the homeless man who dropped the sandwich I bought him on the ground because it wasn't what he wanted. It just makes it harder to be nice the next time. I would have appreciated a bottle of warm water, but I guess that is just me.

Fern said...

Katie!
I am so glad you have a blog, I just wish I'd known about it sooner! You look really great in all the pictures (love the new haircut) and I can't believe some lucky guy hasn't snatched you up yet. Sounds like you had a blast backpacking thru Europe. Way to go! Lots of people talk about doing that but you actually DID IT! WOW! Kudos to you! I'm sure all those hikes at girls camp really helped out :)
Like I said, welcome to the blogosphere. I can't tell you how many times I've wished I could get in touch with you, but just couldn't figure out a way. Yipee!

Kellz said...

This picture to me my all time favorite EVER in the history of homeless men, signs, or blogs.
Truly, truly awesome.